Kin Kora Library and Resource Centre
Kin Kora State School’s Resource Centre and Library opened in 2012.
It is an exciting and busy learning environment which houses a large conference room, small conference room, robotics and an open library area. The Library has a large collection of books for students including both junior and senior fiction and non fiction books. It also has a collection of teacher reference and Curriculum resources.
First Break (Year 1 to 3 students): 10.45am – 11.15am
Second Break (Year 4 to 6 students): 12.45pm – 1.15pm
Classes have an allocated borrowing time.
Prep to year 3 each week and year 4 to 6 each fortnight.
Prep to year 2 – loans are for 1 week.
Year 3 to 6 – loans are for 2 weeks.
- Prep to Year 3 students may borrow ONE book at a time. These students must have a library bag to borrow.
- Year 4 to 6 students may borrow up to FOUR books at a time (2 Non-Fiction and 2 Fiction books). These students are encouraged to have a library bag.
Missing and Damaged Books
All borrowed books should be kept in a clean, dry location.
- Should a book be damaged, please return it to the school, as we may be able to fix it. Books that cannot be fixed will need to be paid for.
- Should a book be lost, or go missing, please inform the school and the book will need to be paid for. An overdue notice can be printed out for the student that details the cost of the book. This will need to be taken to the office with the payment.
- Students with overdue books will not be allowed to borrow until the book is either returned or paid for.
Lunch time Activities
- Read a book
- Write, draw or complete colouring pages
- Play puzzles, games, cards or lego
- Play chess
Annual Scholastic Book Fair
The Scholastic Book Fair is the main annual fundraiser for the Kin Kora Library. During the Book Fair, a huge range of books and stationery are for sale. Profits go towards purchasing new resources for the Library.
Premier’s Reading Challenge
The Premier’s Reading Challenge is a state-wide challenge that aims to boost children’s literacy skills by encouraging students to read widely for pleasure and learning, develop their imagination, and cultivate a passion for literature.