Kin Kora State School is committed to the delivery of the Australian Curriculum through personalized curriculum planning and learning for students. Our programs ensure the implementation of a relevant and innovative curriculum that has a distinct focus on equipping students with the essentials of literacy and numeracy knowledge and skills.
What is the Australian Curriculum?
The Australian Curriculum describes what young Australians should learn as they progress through schooling. It is the foundation for their future learning, growth and active participation in the Australian community. It sets out essential knowledge, understanding, skills and capabilities and provides a national standard for student achievement in core learning areas.
Australian Curriculum: https://www.australiancurriculum.edu.au/
Kin Kora State School is implementing the Australian Curriculum in the areas of:
- Humanities and Social Sciences (History, Geography, Civics and Citizenship, Economics and Business )
- Health and Physical Education
- The Arts (Visual Arts, Drama, Music, Media, Dance)
- Languages Other Than English (Japanese)
- Information Communication Technologies (ICTs) are used purposefully throughout the learning process to achieve curriculum intent.