Enrolling at our school


​​​​​​​​​​​​To enquire about enrolling your child or to arrange an enrolment interview at Kin Kora State School, please contact us on (07) 4971 5111.

Enrolment packages

These can be collected from our administration office or downloaded from related links (on the right hand side of this page)

Forms to be completed for enrolment

  • Student Enrolment Form
  • Proof of Identity Enrolment Document
  • Third Party Website Consent Form

Catchment managed

A school’s local catchment area is the geographical area from which the school is to have its core intake of students. A catchment map defines the catchment area for Kin Kora State School.

Find out if you are in the Kin Kora State School catchment area.

To ensure consistent class sizes Kin Kora State School operates under a negotiated catchment area. Kin Kora State School recognises as its prime obligation, the provision of access to an appropriate educational service for students whose principal place of residence is within the school’s catchment area.

The school Principal will reserve places for students who move into the catchment area throughout the school year. (Proof of Residency at the address indicated on enrolment form)

Students who live outside the catchment area are welcomed to enrol and to have an interview at the school provided there are vacancies. 

Enrolment process

1.  Forms to be presented for enrolment

  • Forms can be emailed in ( and a phone call from our office will arrange an interview.
  • copy of Birth Certificate (proof of age)
  • passport and visa details (if coming from overseas)
  • Enrolment meeting booked

2.  Enrolment interviews

An enrolment interview will take approximately 30 mins. At this interview we would like to take the time to:

  • meet with you and your child
  • discuss your child's individual needs and past school experiences
  • discuss the enrolment agreement and other related items as outlined in the enrolment package
  • take you and your child on a tour of the school and facilities

3.  What else to bring

  • Report cards and records of previous schooling are helpful particularly with Special needs information for a child being placed into our special education unit. Reports from specialists or medical practitioners and health workers help us to meet the needs of your child.
  • Medication forms must be completed if your child has any specific issue requiring the administration of medication. These medications must have clear written instructions about quantity and time of administration. Further information around medication requirements will be discussed at the enrolment interview.

Keep your child’s information up to date

  • Advise us urgently if:
  • You change your address
  • There is a change in your emergency contact number
  • Any significant changes occur with regard to your child’s health
  • You feel we should know of any other changes which concern your child e.g. work phone numbers, custody/court orders.
Last reviewed 02 September 2022
Last updated 02 September 2022